Guide for the Application to obtain the Panamanian Visa
1. For the citizens of the People’s of Republic of China, holders of valid Diplomatic, Service Passport or Public Affairs Passport, can remain in Panama without requirement of the visa for a period up to ninety (90) days, starting from the date of entry.
a. Stay less than 30 days: all foreigners from the Republic of China with Diplomatic Passport, Service Passport and Passport for Public Affairs may enter the Republic of Panama without a visa for a period up to 30 days.
b. Stay from 30 days to 90 days: if you want to stay longer than 30 days, must perform the corresponding procedure in the Office of the National Immigration Service of Panama. Once approved by those offices, may stay in the country until a period of ninety (90) days from the date of entry into the country.
2. The Chinese Citizens with Diplomatic Passport, Service Passport and Passport for Public Affairs, who want to remain more than ninety (90) days in Panama, can send the request directly to the Office for Visa of Consular Affairs Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the People’s Republic of China. The telephone centre of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the People’s Republic of China is: (86-10) 65961114.
3. Chinese citizens with Ordinary Passport applying for Panamanian Visa:
a. According to the new Executive Decree No. 591 of December 28, 2016, any person of Chinese nationality to enter the Republic of Panama who has a valid Visa or Residence, duly issued by the United States of America, Australia, Canada and the United Kingdom, may enter our national territory, with the condition that the visa issued by the countries before mentioned, must be multiple entry, have been used in the previous way in the territory of the granting state, and its validity is not less than one (1) year to the time to enter Panamanian territory.
Note: European Union or Shengen Visa is no longer allowed for exemption of Panamanian visa.The documents required are as follows:
1) Completed form in English or Spanish
2) A 2 inch Color photograph with white background, pasted to the application form
3) Original passport with a copy, valid for at least 3 months
b. The Chinese citizens with Ordinary Passports, which don’t belong to category “a”, and they want to travel to Panama to participate in a fair, may apply for a group visa and will need the following documents:
1) Letter of Invitation of the Organizing Committee
2) Presentation of the Exhibition Company in English and Chinese or Spanish and Chinese
3) Letter of guarantee in English and Chinese or Spanish and Chinese, ensuring that the members of the delegation will return on time, if not, the company will assume all the consequences, also the letter must clarify that during the stay in Panama who will pay the cost of tickets, hotel, transportation, and so on
4) Letter of guarantee from the company for whom the visitor works ensuring the employee’s expenses in Panama and that he returns on time, if not, the company will assume all the consequences
5) Three forms duly completed in English or Spanish
6) Three 2 inch color photos with white background, pasted into the three forms
7) Original passport, valid at least 3 months with three copies
8) Certificate of Financial Stability of the visitor ( in English or Spanish or with translation in English or Spanish) and three copies
9) Round – trip ticket or reservation of round – trip tickets
10) Hotel Reservation
c. The Chinese citizens with Ordinary Passports, which don’t belong to the situation “a” and “b”, the has applied and found the approval of visa at the National Service Immigration in Panama, can call telephone number: 86-10-65325977, to check with his name and passport number for the confirmation, and request an appointment for visa stamping, and the documents required to stamp the visa are:
1) A completed form in English or Spanish
2) A 2 inch color photograph with white background pasted into the form
3) Original passport, valid at least 3 months and a copy of it
d. The Chinese citizens with Ordinary Passports, which don’t belong to categories “a” “b” and “c”, should pr-epare the following documents for application.
1.) A completed form in English or Spanish
2.) inch color photograph with white background pasted into the form
3.) Original passport, valid at least 3 months and a copy of it
4.) You should submit an original and copy of your secondary identification that proves your residency in the country (residence)
5.) Letter from the company where you work or which you own, specifying the position, monthly salary, age and reason for the travel. It must be printed on the company’s letterhead
6.) Submit proof of economic solvency, it can be the original and copies of any of the following documents:
O The last three ballots of salary payments or receipts of honoraries
O Last three current account statements, savings or credit card or international bank and / or letter from bank where you keep your account
7.) In the case of independent workers must certify by letter the they activity perform and copies of the file for RUC
8.) The retirees must attach original and the copy of the resolution of retirement and the last three receipts monthly of pension payment that they received
9.) In the case of family members (spouse and children), you must prove your relationship as it should be with original and copy of Marriage Certificate and Birth Certificate
10.) If the minors traveling without both parents, must submit original and copy of notarized permission to travel and identity document of the parent authorizing the child’s departure for processing requires the presence of one of parents carrying ID card (original and copy)
11.) Round – trip ticket or reservation of round – trip ticket
12.) a Copy of the Hotel Reservation